- When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us, or for our adversaries?” And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the Lord. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to him, “What does my lord say to his servant?” ~JOSHUA 5:13-15
- Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. ~Revelation 19:11-16
- He is the Handsome One of Psalm 45 who HAS girded a sword upon His thigh and in “majesty rides out victoriously for the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness”; whose arrows are sharp in the hearts of the King’s enemies!!!!
- THESE ALL TESTIFY TO THE COMMENDATION PINNED UPON THE CHEST OF THOSE WHO ARE OF A WARRIOR SPIIRT!
- WE MUST REDEEM WHAT HAS BEEN FORFIETED IN THIS GENERATION!
HOW STARTEGIC IS IT, THEN
That our modern church culture has not only removed this heavenly asset and gifting from the Body and Advancement of the Kingdom, it actually vehemently stands in the way and castigates any man or woman who dare to stand in the jealous zeal of the Lord.
- We have become like the men of Ephraim, who though armed with a bow, turn back on the day of battle. ~PSALM 73
- We are not among those “who know their God and who are strong and do exploits”°rather many°MOST° are among HIS PEOPLE who are destroyed for lack of knowledge and have THEREFORE actually been rejected you from being a priest to Him. ~Hosea 4:6
- IN RUINOUS SURRENDER, the people who are claimants of Christ Jesus, the Captain of our Salvation, and the Lord God of the Heavens Armies, our Commander-in-Chief, having Lordship in and over our lives have instead unfurled the white flag of passivity, cultural-compromise, complacency, and EARTHLY-KINGDOM-BUILDING-CONQUESTS!
WE CANNOT MINISTER IN AUTHENTIC LOVE TO THOSE OF A WARRIOR MINDSET OR TO THE LOST, DESTITUTE, AND DEVASTATED UNITL WE FIRST IDENTIFY AS WARRIORS OURSELVES!
- IT IS OUR IDENTIY, PERIOD!
- As it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. ~ROMANS 4:17
- YOU ARE A WARRIOR, BECAUSE HE IS A WARRIOR!
- On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. ~JOHN 14:20
- Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us. ~1 JOHN 3:24
- JUDGES 6:12 ~”The Lord is with you, O mighty man of valor.”
- JOSHUA 1:14 ~”Be strong and courageous.”
- HEBREWS 10:37-39 ~”We are not those who shrink back°”
- 2 TIMOTHY 1:6-7 ~Not a spirit of fear, but power, love, and sound mind
- 1 JOHN 4:18 ~God is Love itself, therefore we are fearless
- ROMANS 8:35-39 ~In all things we are more than onquerors
- NEHEMIAH 4:14 ~Get in the fight!